SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Slowey McManus Communications, an expanding Boston-based public relations and communications firm with expertise in healthcare, life sciences, energy/environment, education, public policy and non-profit sectors, is looking for a Senior Account Executive to coordinate all aspects of account management for several of its key clients.
Slowey/McManus recently opened a second location in Worcester and is expanding their life sciences and medtech capabilities. Applicants should be interested in joining a growing firm and willing to take on challenging and interesting subject matter in an ever-changing landscape.
From writing press releases and pitching media, to running social media campaigns, we are looking for someone with significant experience in PR, but who is also eager to roll up his/her sleeves and work on all aspects of operating a successful communications campaign.
ACTIVITIES OF THE ROLE INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Writing press releases, news stories, articles, case studies and product pieces
- Pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online
- Deliver responsive client relations, handling regular phone and in-person meetings, and leading on client communications needs.
- Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients’ spokespeople - in person or over the phone - and facilitate these meetings where appropriate
- Attend client events and industry conferences when needed.
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients
- Social Media planning: development of social media strategy and content for clients.
- Handle clients’ social media accounts such as their Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn page, developing content on a daily or weekly basis.
- Deliver analytics reports on social media, reporting on traffic, engagement and follower figures
- Develop communications materials, such as e-newsletters or print newsletters for clients.
- Brainstorm fresh ideas for PR campaigns for clients
- Support business development, contributing to proposals and new business presentations.
- Copywriting skills: Applicants should be hot on spelling, grammar, and proofreading, as well as having a creative flair for producing engaging copy.
- Presentation skills: From communicating ideas to the team to presenting stories to journalists, you need to organize information in a succinct and interesting way to capture their attention.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Whether it’s over the phone, by email or in person, you need to be approachable, friendly and empathetic, and be able to relate to people on different levels within the agency, with clients, and with the media.
A degree in public relations, communications, journalism or another relevant subject matter is required, along with at least 3 years of experience working in communications in an in-house or agency setting. Strong connections with local, regional, and national press is desirable.
The position comes with a competitive salary, and with a comprehensive benefits package.